Anil Dhirubhai Ambani (Gujarati: અનીલધીરજલાલ (ધીરૂભાઈ) અંબાણી), born on 4 June 1959, is an Indian business magnate, investor, and philanthropist. He is the chairman of Reliance Group (also refereed to Reliance ADA Group) which came into existence in June 2005 following a demerger from Reliance Industries Limited. He leads a large number of listed corporations including Reliance Capital, Reliance Infra, Reliance Power and Reliance Communications  Ambani’s networth is $5.9 billion according to the Forbes billionaire list for 2014.
In India he is one of the largest producers of Bollywood film industry. His major interest in Entertainment include 44 FM radio stations, nationwide DTH business, Animation Studios, and several multiplex cinemas throughout India.  He is married to former Bollywood actress, Tina Munim and has two sons Anmol and Anshul. 
Anil Ambani joined Reliance Industries, the company founded by his father Dhirubhai Ambani, in 1983 as Co-Chief Executive Officer and is credited with having pioneered many financial innovations in the Indian capital markets. He led India's first foray into overseas capital markets with international public offerings of global depository receipts, convertibles and bonds. He directed Reliance in its efforts to raise, since 1991, around US$2 billion from overseas financial markets; with a 100-year Yankee bond issue in January 1997 being the high point, after which people regarded him as a financial wizard. He along with his brother, Mukesh Ambani, steered Reliance Industries to its current status as India's leading textiles, petroleum and petrochemicals company.
After the death of his father in 2005, Anil Ambani took over the reigns of Reliance Group with interests in Telecom, Entertainment, Financial Services, Power and Infrastructure. In 2008, Ambani is also credited with India's largest IPO of Reliance Power which was subscribed in less than 60 second on offer, fastest in the history of Indian capital markets till date.
Ambani made his debut into the entertainment industry with the takeover of Adlabs, the movie production-to-distribution-to-multiplex company that owns India's only domes theatre. Thereafter he expanded his footprint in the industry to now become the largest producer of Bollywood films.
A joint venture worth US$ 825 million with Steven Spielberg catapulted Ambani's entertainment business to global platform. Along with Steven Spielberg and Stacy Sneider he has produced a number of films including the Oscar winning Lincoln.
Awards and recognition
- Conferred the 'Businessman of the Year 1997' award by India's leading business magazine Business India, December 1997.
- Voted ‘the Businessman of the Year’ in a poll conducted by The Times of India – TNS, December 2006.
- Voted the ‘Best role model’ among business leaders in the biannual Mood of the Nation poll conducted by India Today magazine, August 2006.
- Conferred ‘the CEO of the Year 2004’ in the Platts Global Energy Awards.
- Conferred 'The Entrepreneur of the Decade Award' by the Bombay Management Association, October 2002.
- Awarded the First Wharton Indian Alumni Award by the Wharton India Economic Forum (WIEF) in recognition of his contribution to the establishment of Reliance as a global leader in many of its business areas, December 2001.
- Selected by Asiaweek magazine for its list of 'Leaders of the Millennium in Business and Finance' and was introduced as the only 'new hero' in Business and Finance from India, June 1999.
- Yogesh Chabria, Happionaire's Cash The Crash. CNBC - Network18. ISBN 978-81-906479-5-3 - 2009
- Anil Ambani Forbes.com. Retrieved April 2013.
- "Reliance Capital". Reliance Capital. 17 April 2014. Retrieved 18 April 2014.
- "Reliance Infra". Reliance Infra. 17 April 2014. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- "Reliance Communication". Reliance Communication. 17 April 2014. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- "Anil Ambani". Forbes. 12 February 2014. Retrieved 16 February 2014.
- "Richest Indians in Forbes list". DNA. 4 March 2014. Retrieved 16 February 2014.
- "Ambani & Sons". CNNGO. 12 June 2012. Retrieved 16 February 2014.
- "Tina Ambani kids". Bollywood kids. 17 April 2008. Retrieved 16 February 2014.
- "Tina Munim profile". IMDB. 16 April 2014. Retrieved 16 February 2014.
- "The Ambani Achievements". Rediff.com. 7 July 2002. Retrieved 16 February 2014.
- famous-entrepreneurs http://www.famous-entrepreneurs.com/anil-ambani